what to expect when you work with a certified coach72
Today’s blog is about what to expect if you work with a certified coach with the International Coach Federation.
Here are some pointers:
- Your coach is NOT a consultant as YOU are the expert of yourself. The coach is the expert of the coaching process.
- The coaching process is as follows: coaching conversation, reflection, asking questions & bringing new awareness, practice something new.
- Your coach will let you “fly the plane” and the coach will act as the co-pilot. Meaning YOU are in charge of the route to take, the agenda of the conversations.
- Before getting into the coaching conversation your coach will make sure there is a sound mutual understanding of what you want to address and achieve in that conversation. And what success looks like in your eyes.
- The focus of the conversations will always be about you. You can expect your coach to respect your autonomy, your resources and your right to choose.
- Your coach is trained to be a good listener. Able to listen to what is said and what is not said.
- You can expect your coach to give you direct feedback on what (s)he is hearing.
- You can expect your coach to ask very powerful questions that bring new awareness to you.
- You can expect a coach to come from a place of compassion and mindfulness.
- At the end of the conversation you will have a co-designed practice in place in order to move forward with the challenge in your life.