Are you happy to go back to work?94
Are you looking forward to going back to work?
Or would you rather extend your holiday with another week or two?
Is there a way to take this sense of relaxation with you?
There are some things you can do to prolong this feeling of holiday:
- Keep on doing what you liked doing during your holiday. For example, if you like the green, go out for a walk during lunch. If that is not possible, take a walk in the evening after work.
And… why not already book your next holiday.
- Live in the moment. Try to be mindful. Focus on one thing at a time and you will see that you feel much more relaxed.
- Don’t procrastinate. Do what you have to do right now. Especially the tasks that take up a lot of bandwidth in your head. Prioritize and decide what’s urgent and imperative and what’s urgent and not imperative. And subsequently, what’s not urgent and imperative and what’s not urgent nor imperative.
- Make a list of activities that energize you. And actively look for these activities both in your professional and your personal life. Those activities are often linked to your talents.
- Keep on developing yourself. Think about in which area you would like to develop yourself. Research shows that broadening our horizons makes us happy and feel more fulfilled.
I would like to quote Earl Nightingale in this context: “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious he time is you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.”